Saturday, 24 July 2010

A loooonnnngggg card...

A friend asked me to make her a 30th wedding anniversary card that is bigger than my usual c.6x6" size. Initially I thought this was ok but when I thought about it, I have never made a card bigger than 6x6 and started to freak out about all the extra space on the card and how would I embellish it. I then had an idea to make a zigzag card, well that's what I'm calling this, not sure if it has a technical name!

I have basically stuck 3 square card blanks together to make a long card that folds up. The back has been left blank cos my friend wants lots of people to sign the card (hence the request for a bigger card). I have to say I am really chuffed with the finished result. I took inspiration from the Vintage theme over at Just Magnolia this week and used one of my fave Tilda's and lots of lush Basic Grey Cappella papers. I have downloaded the cute ticket sentiments from Caz's fab blog and amended the wording on a couple and then printed them on kraft paper from Craftwork Cards. I have used a hole punch to snip a section of paper from each corner.

I would like to enter this card into the following challenges:

So here's the card...

Close up of the first panel...

Some of the tickets downloaded (for free I hasten to add!!!) from Caz's blog...

I make these flowers by using a flower punch and scrunching up the paper to give it a lovely aged look...
I made a box for the card...

Supplies:
Image - Tilda Brings a Flower by Magnolia coloured with Promarkers
Ticket sentiments - downloaded from Caz's blog, thank you so much for these Caz x I printed these onto kraft paper from Craftwork Cards
Stamped sentiment - Elzybells (from the 50% off sale)
Papers - Cappella by Basic Grey
Coloured cardstock - Bazzill
White cardstock - Rymans coated card, this is a fab cheaper alternative to Craftwork Cards digital cardstock
Ribbon - from stash
Doilies - heart from US ebay seller, circle from Joanna Sheen
Flowers - some punched, others from Wild Orchid Crafts with Distress Stickles added for sparkle
Tools - Nesties, Martha Stewart scoreboard to make box, leaf punch

29 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous hun lots of work gone in to this, love the papers and the images too, gorgeous and a fab take on Zig Zag too big hugs Love pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow really stunning card! :) Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the papers and the box to go with it, it's all stunning

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just stunning Sarah,what a lot of work you have put into this,your friend will love it.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really beautiful card to keep worth all the hard work.
    Hugs
    Carol Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning, I love it. The colours and papers are gorgeous and the box is beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this stunning Sarah. I love absolutely everything about it. I bet your friend was thrilled, I know I would've been. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a clever idea, i love the zig zag shape of the card, and it will make a very special keep sake x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card and box great idea to use a zig zag card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card. Love the design and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card.Lovely work. Thanks for playing with Charisma this week.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card - beautiful papers and colours and lovely images. You've worked hard on this one and it shows Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh brilliant i love it very stylish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 獨居時,要反省自己的過錯;在社會大眾之間,則要忘卻別人的過失。..................................................

    ReplyDelete
  15. Absolutely Gorgeous Sarah I love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. really super card, looks perfect, Thanks for joining in with Craftycatz challenge this week, x carol

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this is stunning! Great papers and image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What absolutely gorgeous card, Sarah. That's breathtaking and made extra special by the box too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is gorgeous, its stunning :) x
    thankyou so much for the link to the tags thats just the kind of thing I was after xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so wonderful,i love the images and the colours.
    So gorgeous papers and the details.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a gorgeous card & box x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is lovely, and the background papers are so nice.

    thanks for playing along at the Stamp Man challenge.

    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely card thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great work. I bet your friend loved it. It will be a lovely keepsake. Jaqui x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow this is so pretty! Love all the fabulous detail and sweet images. The papers are gorgeous too. Thanks for joining JM this week x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card, love the fold and the little box too. Thanks for joining us at Just Magnolia this week, hope to see you back again next week. :)

    ReplyDelete