Tuesday 4 September 2012

What's cooking...?


Back to work tomorrow :-( so thought I'd do a bit of cooking today - big batch of spag bol, Anzac biscuits and a chocolate & vanilla marble cake. Also a pic of some of the Hama bead creations the boys and I have made...

Spag bol is my all time fave meal. Has to be served with actual spaghetti (pasta shapes is just not the same) and loads of grated cheese. I made this batch using 2 large onions, 3 cloves garlic, 2 stalks celery, 4 rashers oak smoked streaky bacon, 450g lean steak mince, 2 tins chopped toms, 3/4 tube tomato puree, large sprinking of dried Basil. I fry off the onions and celery in olive oil, add the garlic and chopped bacon, then the mince, brown and then add everything else and cook it for about 2 hours. This is for us for dinner tomorrow night and a second meal to go into the freezer for another time.


Anzac biscuits, took minutes to whip up the mixture and 20 mins in the oven...

Oops, forgot to take a pic of the cake, doesn't look as pretty not it's been cut into ;-)

These Hama beads are very addictive, I have loved playing with them and actually ordered pastel colours specifically for ME to use ;-) So, which 2 did the boys make and which 2 did I make...


Do you like the sign I have in the kitchen?...

1 comment:

  1. I really like spag bol too, I use quorn though as we don`t eat meat. Your biscuits look delicious might have to whip some up tomorrow.
    DX

    ReplyDelete