Wednesday 10 April 2013

This little piggy...

I have made something a little different for me. This is an easel card using a super cute piggy image by Crissy Armstrong called I Smell Spring. Rather than use the image as it is I decided to cut the piggy out and mount him on an easel card using some paper and dies to create a sort of farmyard scene. I have used oodles of Whimsy Stamps products on this card (5 items I think!). What do you think...? Told you it was different for me ;-)

 A close up of the main part of the card...
 A sideways view...
 A close up of the piggy, can you see I've added muddy splodges on his face...
 A close up of my new button stamp and die, love these...
 I love, love, love this sentiment (reason why I added mud marks to the pig's face!)...

Phew, sorry for all the photos but I don't normally make such detailed cards, lol ;-)

Supplies:
Image - I Smell Spring coloured with Promarkers & Flexmarkers
Real friends sentiment - from the Funny Friend Sayings set
Button sentiment - from the Everyday Button Sentiments set
Pearls, raffia & lace - stash
Paper - Doodle Deux by Prima
Other - Whimsy Stamps button die, Whimsy Stamps picket fence die, Memory Box fancy blossom die, Memory Box cloud die, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Deckle edge rectangle die, brown chalk ink pad, Icicle Stickles

The new Whimsy Stamps challenge is Pretty in Pink and can be viewed here.

I would like to enter my piggy card into the following challenges:


22 comments:

  1. What a lovely little scene you have created Sarah, really sweet.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah this is fantastic love the little scene you put together and the muddy splodges are so cute.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sarah. I love the cute piggy and the scene you have created is wonderful.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How brilliant, Sarah and I love the piggy. really nice embellishments too. Jennie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful....gorgeous image and colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card layout and cute little image. Thank you for playing along with us on the PFP Challenge & good luck. Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo...the pig is so sweet, beautiful scene to see!!
    thank you for joining at craft a scene this month.
    greetings

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card.

    Hugs Riet.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Brilliant card - they layout is fab xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, Sarah. Love that piggy with his muddy face. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  11. GORGEOUS!! I absolutely love this!! piggies are my favourite ever animal and this card is so lovely!! love the fence, love the image, love the layout love everything!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sarah, oh wow what a fabulous image and a gorgeous colour choice, love the card design and papers. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. so gorgeous sarah.your scene is fabulous and i love the sweet piggy :D

    x coops x

    ReplyDelete
  14. oink!! gorgeous card :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card Sarah - love the little piggy.

    Thank you for joining us over at Totally Gorjuss and I wish you the very best of luck.

    I hope you will come and join in the fun with us on our next challenge.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Toodle Pip

    Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! Love the little piggy. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Craft a Scene!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it Sarah! The image from Crissy is adorable and I love what you've done with it. Cute mud splashes! xx Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally rockin the Animal image! Love the piggy - thank you for sharing and joining us at That Craft Place - Come join us again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A Great scene, I love your pig with his muddy face. Thanks for taking part at Craft A Scene this month.

    Sue T x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Sarah, what a gorgeous card. I love your cut out image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fab cut out image sarah
    Thanks for joining us at Passion For Promarkers this week
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet pig and fence! Thank you for joining us at Craft a Scene for our Down on the Farm Challenge. NancyD

    ReplyDelete