Monday 8 November 2010

A New Challenge at Cards For Men!

It's time for a brand new challenge at Cards for Men today and the theme is 'Animals' (n.b. card must be for a male). Our sponsor this time is Hope Jacare and the DT had the opportunity to choose some gorgeous images to play with - big thank you Claire! Claire is offering a rubber stamp from her new forthcoming release as our sponsor prize this time (it's the same design as on my DT card).
This is what Claire has to say about herself - "I'm a SAHM with three young children. I trained in Textile Design at the Glasgow School of Art and I love all things handmade, but especially papercrafts. I love to doodle ... and my doodles are available to purchase as digital images through Shop Handmade." For everyone who enters the challenge. Claire has very kindly offered to send to them this gorgeous digi for FREE...

Just pop over to the challenge blog to check out the details! As always the DT have made some wonderful cards, please do pop across and have a peek and have a go at the challenge while you're there.

So, onto my DT card, I had a play with the super cute Mouse House digi image (soon to be available in rubber!), Mouse House can be purchased here. I think this image can be used for lots of different types/colours of cards, I love it.


Supplies:

Image - Mouse House by Hope Jacare from Stitchy Bear Stamps coloured with Promarkers and Glossy Accents
Papers - True Blue by MME from Dies To Die For
Cardstock - Bazzill Basics
Raffia - Papermania
Tickets - Tim Holtz from Crafty Emma's Store
Mini pine cones - freebie from Center Parcs, picked up several of these, thought they may come in handy for cards. I've sprayed these with a touch of Glimmer Mist

21 comments:

  1. This is great Sarah,I love the panels and that cute image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, What a lovely natural color scheme and I love the rafia and mini cones.
    Hugs, Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgous card Sarah. Love the colours and layout you have used and the image is really cute xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, like the softness of this one. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sarah, this is fabulous love the way youve coloured it and the papers are gorgeous. With love and hugs Shirleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunning card Marie! Looks really marvelous!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Sarah I love how the tones of beige blend so well & the baby pine cones are sheer genius. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really super card using that gorgeous little house of Claires.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a lovely card, Sarah. I think you're right, it has lots of flexibility. Your colouring is great and I love the papers.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card,I love the image and your papers.

    Hugs Riet.x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute image and I love the tickets.
    Dx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab card I love the image and the tickets

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sarah,
    Love the sweet image and totally agree with you could be used for lots of different occasions...Gorgeous colours and papers....Thanks for your lovely comment on my family situation...
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous card, love the image and the image x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im loving the house mouse... its a real cute image. just fabulous

    issy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sarah I love this card, the natural colours are so gentle and the image is cute

    Hugs Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a gorgeous card, I love everything about it

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful card you have created with Mouse House, I love your choice of colours - really beautiful! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning card Sarah. I love the layout and the fab colour combo xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sarah this is stunning, beautifully coloured and your distressing looks fab
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete